Group Homes for Troubled Teenage Girls in the Payson, AZ Area
Group homes for troubled teenage girls near Payson, AZ are 24-hour care residential treatment facilities that provide behavioral and therapeutic services in a homelike setting. Unlike residential treatment centers, which are generally large facilities with dozens of residents, group homes in Payson, AZ are the size of an average home and treat a small number of teens at one time.
These specialized facilities (which are located throughout the US, including the Payson, AZ area) provide intensive therapies to troubled girls deemed 'troubled' due to their out of control behaviors (behaviors that stem from lacking mental health or un-or-mistreated mental illness).
Due to their comparatively small size and a nominal number of teenage residents (somewhere between 5-10 teens at any given time), group homes typically employ an equally small number of therapeutic staff members giving their facility a one-to-one ratio between staff and residents.
Group homes for adolescent girls in Payson, AZ and their advocates stand by this ratio and claim the programs' relatively small numbers make treatment more manageable, thus maximizing each teenage resident's therapeutic and behavioral treatment.
A Homelike Setting
Group homes are roughly the same size as the average home for a reason. According to proponents of group homes, providing intensive treatment in a simulated setting similar to the size and functionality of a teen's previous living environment better prepares them to return home than a conventional residential treatment center.
Additionally, according to this methodology, immersing a troubled girl in a simulated home experience eases them from treatment to home-life naturally, making the transition a more natural experience rather than a severe and stressful shock to their senses.
In a sense, living in a group home is a familial-based practice for girls. In addition to providing therapeutic and behavioral treatment, it is specifically designed to build, improve, and hone the living-skills necessary to live a fully functioning life at home.
A Top-Rated Christian Boarding School, with Christ-centered therapy and exceptional education in one place.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes in Payson, AZ Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Payson, AZ provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
These specialized treatment regimens are created with the intent to rehabilitate the unique mental and behavioral health issues that contribute to each teen's struggles with self-destructive and out-of-control behavior patterns.
While no two treatment programs are the same, group homes for troubled girls from Payson, AZ commonly provide the following treatments:
- Family Therapy - Therapy sessions that involve the entire family unit - parents, siblings, and other members who live or interact with the teen on a typical basis.
- Individualized therapy - What treatment program would be complete without one-on-one therapy sessions between counselor and teenage girl? Individualized therapy is, of course, the most common and effective form of psychiatric care.
- Drug/alcohol education/rehabilitative services - Some group homes are specially equipped to treat addiction-related issues. However, these types of programs are typically used subsequently to prior, more intensive residential facilities.
The Downside of Group Homes for Troubled Teens
While its proponents might argue that group homes, by themselves, can successfully rehabilitate the lives of troubled girls without prior forms of therapy, there are definite downsides to this style of therapy.
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
Payson, AZ Mental Health Resources for Troubled Youth
Many families from Payson, AZ who are searching for direction, have made Elk Mountain Academy their first choice for their at-risk child who may be undergoing alcohol dependence, peer conflict, or ADD/ADHD (attentional disorder) related trials. Here at Elk Mountain, our counselors understand the common issues that at-risk adolescent girls from Payson, AZ are faced with every day; and we provide direction to our teen students, so they can recognize and deal with their social-related problems in a way that is both healthy and productive. Our robust outdoor recreation and adventure therapy programs rely on connection, trust, and respect; thus inspiring an internally motivated rehabilitation that lasts a lifetime.
Our counselors are faithful to not only offering support to our teen students in need, but also the whole family; with the care and commitment required for full rehabilitation. It is our desire to assist, guide, and coach parents from Payson, AZ, with a troubled child, through a very difficult time. Elk Mountain is here to serve! There is hope... and you are not alone. The vision of Elk Mountain is to bring forth peace while healing emotional health for at-risk teens from Payson, AZ.
Contact Elk Mountain today at (208) 266-1122 to speak with one of our expert admissions specialists. They are readily available to answer any questions about our enrollment fees, insurance affiliations, and proximity to Payson, AZ. Make Elk Mountain and their therapeutic boarding school a life-changing and memorable experience for both your family and your at-risk child.
Additional Direction in Payson, AZ
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (NCBH): Behavioral Health Liability Insurance and Risk Management - The National Council and the Mental Health Corporations of America were the founders of the Mental Health Risk Retention Group. MHRRG strives to provide unprecedented liability insurance options that are customized to meet the changing coverage needs of behavioral healthcare providers in Payson, AZ, and across the country. MHRRG is a liability insurance company that is owned by its policyholders. It offers stabilized premiums along with protection against arbitration. It also delivers a full loss prevention program and top-notch coverage for Payson, AZ families.