Group Homes for Troubled Teenage Girls in the Carmel, IN Area
Group homes for troubled teenage girls near Carmel, IN are 24-hour care residential treatment facilities that provide behavioral and therapeutic services in a homelike setting. Unlike residential treatment centers, which are generally large facilities with dozens of residents, group homes in Carmel, IN are the size of an average home and treat a small number of teens at one time.
These specialized facilities (which are located throughout the US, including the Carmel, IN area) provide intensive therapies to troubled girls deemed 'troubled' due to their out of control behaviors (behaviors that stem from lacking mental health or un-or-mistreated mental illness).
Due to their comparatively small size and a nominal number of teenage residents (somewhere between 5-10 teens at any given time), group homes typically employ an equally small number of therapeutic staff members giving their facility a one-to-one ratio between staff and residents.
Group homes for adolescent girls in Carmel, IN and their advocates stand by this ratio and claim the programs' relatively small numbers make treatment more manageable, thus maximizing each teenage resident's therapeutic and behavioral treatment.
A Homelike Setting
Group homes are roughly the same size as the average home for a reason. According to proponents of group homes, providing intensive treatment in a simulated setting similar to the size and functionality of a teen's previous living environment better prepares them to return home than a conventional residential treatment center.
Additionally, according to this methodology, immersing a troubled girl in a simulated home experience eases them from treatment to home-life naturally, making the transition a more natural experience rather than a severe and stressful shock to their senses.
In a sense, living in a group home is a familial-based practice for girls. In addition to providing therapeutic and behavioral treatment, it is specifically designed to build, improve, and hone the living-skills necessary to live a fully functioning life at home.
A Top-Rated Christian Boarding School, with Christ-centered therapy and exceptional education in one place.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes in Carmel, IN Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Carmel, IN provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
These specialized treatment regimens are created with the intent to rehabilitate the unique mental and behavioral health issues that contribute to each teen's struggles with self-destructive and out-of-control behavior patterns.
While no two treatment programs are the same, group homes for troubled girls from Carmel, IN commonly provide the following treatments:
- Family Therapy - Therapy sessions that involve the entire family unit - parents, siblings, and other members who live or interact with the teen on a typical basis.
- Individualized therapy - What treatment program would be complete without one-on-one therapy sessions between counselor and teenage girl? Individualized therapy is, of course, the most common and effective form of psychiatric care.
- Drug/alcohol education/rehabilitative services - Some group homes are specially equipped to treat addiction-related issues. However, these types of programs are typically used subsequently to prior, more intensive residential facilities.
The Downside of Group Homes for Troubled Teens
While its proponents might argue that group homes, by themselves, can successfully rehabilitate the lives of troubled girls without prior forms of therapy, there are definite downsides to this style of therapy.
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
Direction for Parents of At-risk Teenagers in Carmel, IN
Many families from Carmel, IN who are searching for direction, have made Elk Mountain Academy their first choice for their at-risk child who may be undergoing alcohol dependence, peer conflict, or ADD/ADHD (attentional disorder) related trials. Here at Elk Mountain, our counselors understand the common issues that at-risk adolescent girls from Carmel, IN are faced with every day; and we provide direction to our teen students, so they can recognize and deal with their social-related problems in a way that is both healthy and productive. Our robust outdoor recreation and adventure therapy programs rely on connection, trust, and respect; thus inspiring an internally motivated rehabilitation that lasts a lifetime.
Elk Mountain recognizes that the circumstances of one troubled child does not always apply to other teens. As a result, our licensed counselors are faithful to the administration of each teen student’s needs; a commitment illustrated by their expert professionalism and sympathy. Here at Elk Mountain, we include the entire family (especially the parents) in the process of our teen student’s therapy, rehabilitation, and progress.
Because we specialize in a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy) and deliver outdoor recreation and adventure therapy, at-risk teens can grow to be healthy adults, and EMA’s teen students can emerge as strong people who are motivated to succeed. Elk Mountain recognizes that the entire family needs the support that our licensed counselors provide; so that your child can be rehabilitated and whole. Elk Mountain’s admissions specialists can be reached immediately at (208) 266-1122.
Additional Partnerships in Carmel, IN
NATSAP FOR PARENTS: NATSAP is a volunteer membership organization who supports therapists and programs in Carmel, IN with their efforts to help troubled adolescent girls and young women; and their families. NATSAP realizes that, as a parent, this is an incredibly stressful and difficult time for you. This is why they strive to deliver the necessary resources available to help you match the unique needs of your child with a particular treatment center for struggling youth or young women in Carmel, IN; that would best benefit them. Provided is a list of articles offering support to you during this difficult time, as well as suggested questions for you to consider before making a final placement selection.